- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Optional toppings: corn chips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and sour cream
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in chicken, beans, broth, chilies and dry seasonings.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until heated through. Stir in cilantro. If desired, serve with corn chips, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Mexican White Chili
"Very nice! I forgot to get chickpeas, so I used chili beans that I had, but it tasted good. I also added more chiken broth, b/c 2 cups didn't seem like enough. Topped with cheese, sour cream and avocdo."
"Made this two nights ago. Will not make again. Flavor was just Blech. I like a creamy white chili myself."
"This is the best chili I have ever made. It is our New Years Day tradition to make a big pot of it and take it up the mountain to have after skiing."
"I make this recipe all of the time and have won numerous chili contests with it. Everyone always wants the recipe."
"I made this several times each time it is more pleasing to the taste then the last. Not a hugh fan of beans so I only use one can. Best chili recipe."
"This was fantastic--I left the cayenne pepper out so the kids would also like it."