- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Optional toppings: corn chips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and sour cream
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in chicken, beans, broth, chilies and dry seasonings.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until heated through. Stir in cilantro. If desired, serve with corn chips, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican White Chili
Sort By :
Very nice! I forgot to get chickpeas, so I used chili beans that I had, but it tasted good. I also added more chiken broth, b/c 2 cups didn't seem like enough. Topped with cheese, sour cream and avocdo.
The cumin and cilantro do make this a great tasting recipe if you like those spices. I made it two times: once with ground pork and once with ground turkey. I prefer the pork personally. I added more salt and the optional add ins when I served it. A keeper in our house.
Made this two nights ago. Will not make again. Flavor was just Blech. I like a creamy white chili myself.
This is the best chili I have ever made. It is our New Years Day tradition to make a big pot of it and take it up the mountain to have after skiing.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Chili Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Chili Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Dinners >