Mexican Wedding Cookies (Polvorones)
Provided to you by Crisco®
48 ServingsPrep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 15 min
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening or 1 stick Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine shortening, 1 cup powdered sugar and vanilla in bowl of
- electric mixer; beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to creamed
- mixture; mix well. Stir in walnuts; mix well. Roll dough into
- walnut-size balls; place on ungreased baking sheets about 1 1/2
- inches apart.
- Bake 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown slightly. Cool on
- baking sheets until cool enough to handle, but still warm. While
- still warm, roll in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar; place on cooling
- racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.