Mexican Wedding Cakes Recipe
As part of a Mexican tradition, I tucked these tender cookies into small gift boxes for the guests at my sister's wedding a few years ago. Most folks gobbled them up before they ever got home! —Sarita Johnston, San Antonio, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 177 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC