Mexican Wedding Cakes
As part of a Mexican tradition, I tucked these tender cookies into small gift boxes for the guests at my sister's wedding a few years ago. Most folks gobbled them up before they ever got home! Sarita Johnston, San Antonio, Texas
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. crescents. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll
- warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield:
- about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 177 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.