As part of a Mexican tradition, I tucked these tender cookies into small gift boxes for the guests at my sister's wedding a few years ago. Most folks gobbled them up before they ever got home! —Sarita Johnston, San Antonio, Texas
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-in. crescents. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Mexican Wedding Cakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p206
Reviews for Mexican Wedding Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review