Patricia Mickelson of San Jose, California came up with this oh-so-easy, colorful combination while looking for a veggie side dish to complement her Mexican dinners. Corn, zucchini, salsa and fresh, crunchy flavor make this recipe a keeper!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup salsa or picante sauce
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add zucchini and corn.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or
- until zucchini is almost tender. Drain. Stir in salsa; heat through.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 70 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.