Mexican Vegetable Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chilies
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the onion, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and water. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in beans and chilies.
- 2. Transfer half of the bean mixture to a food processor; cover and process until almost smooth. Spread pureed bean mixture over the crust. Spread with salsa. Top with half of the cheese and remaining bean mixture. Sprinkle with tomato, corn, green pepper, olives and remaining cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice with 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 285 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 692 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.