Mexican Turkey Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped avocado, optional
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Set turkey aside. In the same skillet, saute the zucchini and red pepper in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the turkey, rice, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with avocado if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Turkey Skillet in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p26
Reviews for Mexican Turkey Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review