- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add the hash browns, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, chilies and taco seasoning; heat through.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Turkey Hash Brown Bake
Sort By :
I loved this and my husband and son loved it. It was a bit much on the potatoes for me but not for my son and husband. Great weeknight dinner!
Very tasty!!! A little spicy, but not overboard.
I made this for dinner last night. I <3 mexican food!!! This dish is way too spicy. I can't get my kids to eat it at all, and we eat a lot of things with quite a kick! With that said, I made a special lunch today. I scrambled an egg with some milk, then I added some of this hash brown bake from last night, with 1/2 a piece of american fat free cheese, mixed till it was melted and served it as a sandwich......It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good. That was excellent, so I will make this again, but not for my kids. It was good eaten like this. It also seems to be way LESS spicy the next day as left overs. Thumbs up !!!!!!!!!! Try my variation next time you make this, you will LOVE it !!!!!!!!!
I really liked this recipe! It was great. You could also use turkey sausage and serve it for breakfast or brunch.
This was delicious! Makes more like 8 servings or 6 HUGE servings! Great flavor, reheated well and you could easily make a double batch and freeze it! This will become a winter staple!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >