Here's a hearty, easy dinner casserole that really delivers on nutrition and flavor! —Tim Ash, Salem, Indiana
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add the hash browns, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, chilies and taco seasoning; heat through.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Turkey Hash Brown Bake in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p51
Reviews for Mexican Turkey Hash Brown Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review