Mexican Taters and Beans
I made up this recipe and tired it out at one of the potlucks held at our church. Everyone loved it! It's grand for a group.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Place potatoes in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with onion. Mix salsa and butter; pour over onion and
- potatoes. Top with sliced cheeses; spread with chili. Sprinkle
- shredded cheeses over top.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with chips just before
- serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 326 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.