Mexican Taters and Beans Recipe
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1. Place potatoes in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion. Mix salsa and butter; pour over onion and potatoes. Top with sliced cheeses; spread with chili. Sprinkle shredded cheeses over top.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with chips just before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 326 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Taters and Beans
"I've been making this for years for potlucks and it's always a big hit."