Mexican Taters and Beans Recipe
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1. Place potatoes in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion. Mix salsa and butter; pour over onion and potatoes. Top with sliced cheeses; spread with chili. Sprinkle shredded cheeses over top.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with chips just before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 326 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein .
Reviews for Mexican Taters and Beans
"I've been making this for years for potlucks and it's always a big hit."