- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Place potatoes in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion. Mix salsa and butter; pour over onion and potatoes. Top with sliced cheeses; spread with chili. Sprinkle shredded cheeses over top.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with chips just before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Taters and Beans in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p41
Reviews for Mexican Taters and Beans(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 5, 2010
I've been making this for years for potlucks and it's always a big hit.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Bean Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >