Mexican Tater-Topped Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed beefy mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups reserved mixture from Cajun Beef and Beans
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in meat mixture. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving equals 529 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,533 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Tater-Topped Casserole
"The family gave this dish a thumbs up. The base was a little runny but I think it will be just right for lunchtime leftovers!"