Tater Tots, cheese and a mouthwatering ground beef mixture: What’s not to love in this delicious casserole one tester called “the ultimate comfort food”? —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Recommended: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed beefy mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups reserved mixture from Cajun Beef and Beans
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in meat mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Tater-Topped Casserole in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p21
Reviews for Mexican Tater-Topped Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2012
"The family gave this dish a thumbs up. The base was a little runny but I think it will be just right for lunchtime leftovers!"