- whites (about 6 minutes). Add dough 2 tablespoons at a time, beating
- In large skillet, cook the pork, onion and garlic over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Cool
- Pat husks dry with paper towels and spread about 2 tablespoons dough
- (1/8- to 1/16-in. thick) on each, leaving 1-in. border. Top with 1
- tablespoon filling. Roll. Tie in center.
- Place upright, folded end down, in Dutch oven with steam rack or
- oven-proof inverted plate on bottom. Add 1 cup water or chicken
- broth. Bring to boil; cover and steam for 45 minutes, adding water
- as needed. When done, husk should peel back easily from dough.
- Yield: about 3 dozen.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.