Mexican Taco Pizza Recipe
- 1 large onion
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed ranch-flavored tortilla chips
- 1. Slice half of the onion and chop the rest; set aside. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread beans over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with cheddar cheese and sliced onion.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, cheese blend, chopped onion, tomato, olives and tortilla chips. Yield: 8 slices.
1 slice: 370 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Taco Pizza
"This is one fabulous pizza. I made some modifications including adding shredded chicken that I steamed with taco seasoning. Used only 4 ounces of reduced fat cheddar and added 1 small can of diced (well drained) green chiles and used chopped green onions on the topping instead of yellow onions. Next time less refried beans."