Kathleen Hall of Irmo, South Carolina loves the ease and versatility of this crowd-pleasing pizza with southwestern flavors. “You can add shredded chicken and taco seasoning for meat lovers or leave the meat off for a quick vegetarian meal,” she notes.
- 1 large onion
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed ranch-flavored tortilla chips
- Slice half of the onion and chop the rest; set aside. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread beans over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with cheddar cheese and sliced onion.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, cheese blend, chopped onion, tomato, olives and tortilla chips. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Mexican Pizza in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p17
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Taco Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review