"I always serve this tasty taco-seasoned bread with chili or cream soups," remarks Bobbie Hruska of Montgomery, Minnesota. "With its slightly chewy crust and wonderful texture inside, I'm sure you'll love it, too."
- 2/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 2 pounds).
Originally published as Mexican Sunset Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p33
Reviews for Mexican Sunset Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review