Mexican-Style Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 6 medium green or sweet red pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/4 cups salsa, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds. In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, 1 cup salsa, chilies, chili powder and salt. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup water to dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and top with remaining salsa. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican-Style Stuffed Peppers
Sort By :
This was really good! Everyone liked it
I only changed one thing, I used spaghetti squash instead of the rice...my husband is diabetic so I limit his carbs, got to say it was a hit with the entire family.
I was trying to find a Stuffed Pepper recipe that my husband would eat and this is it. Thanks for the great recipe that is healthy!
this recipe was great or as my husband put it--"killer"!! we use ground venison instead of beef and hubby requested corn in meat mixture--I also used some tomato juice in pan instead of water--loved it!!!
This was my first time ever making stuffed peppers, and they turned out awesome. The only thing that I would recommend is that if you like your peppers to have a little more crunch do not boil them and take them out a little early.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >