Mexican-Style Spaghetti Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the next 10 ingredients. Cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup sauce prepared without salt, served with 1-1/2 ounces spaghetti) equals 379 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 699 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Mexican-Style Spaghetti
"This is basically chili served on spaghetti. we liked it but substituted cilantro for parsley."
"This sounded a lot better than it tasted. I don't plan to serve it again. To many really good recipes out there."