Mexican-Style Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In an ovenproof skillet, brown pork chops in oil on each side; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 2. Place chops over the onion mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 330 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 934mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein .
Reviews for Mexican-Style Pork Chops
"It was okay, I probably wouldn't make this again though. My family didn't really care for it but maybe yours will...."
"My brother and I made this a few weeks ago. It turned out really well. He's a big cheese lover, so we added some shredded cheddar on top of the pork chops the last few minutes of cooking.The cooking time will vary with the thickness and type of pork chop you use."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.