- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In an ovenproof skillet, brown pork chops in oil on each side; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Place chops over the onion mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mexican-Style Pork Chops in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p74
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mexican-Style Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2012
"It was okay, I probably wouldn't make this again though. My family didn't really care for it but maybe yours will...."