On a vacation to Arizona, I fell in love with albondigas, Latin American meatballs. After playing with a number of different spices I came up with a version which is amazing as a meatloaf. —James Schend, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Recommended: 70 Budget-Friendly Dinners That Are Big on Taste
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup thick and zesty tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Salsa and additional cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Transfer to two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake meat loaves 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, top with salsa and cilantro. Yield: 2 loaves (8 servings each).
Originally published as Mexican-Style Meat Loaves in TasteofHome.com 2017
Reviews for Mexican-Style Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review