Mexican-Style Chicken Manicotti Recipe
- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Cook manicotti according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 1/4 cup salsa, ricotta cheese, olives, parsley, pimientos, green onion, garlic and pepper sauce. Drain manicotti; fill with chicken mixture.
- 2. Spread 1/4 cup salsa in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with manicotti shells and remaining salsa.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
2 stuffed manicotti (prepared with reduced-fat ricotta cheese and reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend) equals 395 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican-Style Chicken Manicotti
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.