This is a recipe our whole family enjoys. I've shared it with friends, who tell me their teenage boys just love it.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chilies, drained
- 1 block (4 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Taco sauce, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove seeds from the chilies and cut into eight pieces. Cut cheese into eight 2-1/2-in. x 1/2-in. sticks. Place one cheese stick and one piece of chili in the center of each chicken breast. Fold short sides over and roll up along long sides to enclose filling (secure with toothpick if necessary).
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, chili powder, garlic salt, cumin and pepper. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove toothpicks. Serve with taco sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mexican-Style Chicken Kiev in Country December/January 1997, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican-Style Chicken Kiev
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review