Mexican Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, tomato sauce, corn and beans. Spoon into pasta shells.
- 2. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Top with sour cream, salsa, olives and onions. Yield: 8 servings.
3 each: 315 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mexican Stuffed Shells
"I added 1 tbl of Ortega's Fiesta Mexican seasoning to the tomato sauce for a more traditional 'South of the Border' flavor."
"It is very tasty!"
"I have made this numerous times and have had requests over and over for the recipe. A definite keeper!"
"This was such a tasty dish! We've added this to our regular family meals."