Mexican Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1-1/3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add peppers; saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the water, tomato puree, chili powder, bouillon, salt and cayenne; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, beans and rice; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 279 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer