Mexican Stir-Fry for 2 Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add peppers; stri-fry until crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the water, tomato puree, chili powder, bouillon, salt and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, beans and rice; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 405 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Mexican Stir-Fry for 2
"This recipe was quick,easy, and very good! I did use a packaged Mexican rice just because I'm not the best at cooking rice."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer