- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add peppers; stri-fry until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the water, tomato puree, chili powder, bouillon, salt and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, beans and rice; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Stir-Fry in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p51
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mexican Stir-Fry for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2013
"This recipe was quick,easy, and very good! I did use a packaged Mexican rice just because I'm not the best at cooking rice."