Mexican Steak Fajitas Recipe
In Steak Fajitas, tender strips of sirloin pick up plenty of spicy flavor from a marinade seasoned with cayenne pepper and cumin. "These colorful sandwiches are speedy and satisfying," says Shirley Hilger of Lincoln, Nebraska.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 to 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, picante sauce and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, vinegar, garlic and seasonings; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook beef in remaining oil for 2-4 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Spoon meat and vegetables onto tortillas. If desired, top with cheese and serve with picante sauce and sour cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC