- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef round steak (1/2 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-1/2 inch strips
- 3/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add the steak; shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook steak in oil until browned on all sides; drain. Add the celery, onion, water and chili sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add carrot; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in green pepper and beans. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Steak and Beans in Country Woman January/February 2004, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mexican Steak and Beans(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >