Mexican Spoon Bread Recipe
This warm and comforting side dish is fluffy, cheesy and stick-to-your-ribs good! Try it with everyday meals, but it'll be a hit at family gatherings, too. Sherry Thompson — Seneca, SC
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream and milk until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a 2-qt. round baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 329 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Spoon Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC