Mexican Spoon Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream and milk until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a 2-qt. round baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 329 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Mexican Spoon Bread
"I made this along with Lonestar Pot Roast (also a taste of home recipe) they went well together.Yum. :o)"
"This was absolutely the worst recipe I've made from this magazine, I'm tempted to ask for a subscription refund just for the trouble of making it. It was very dry and bland. I am wondering if it needed sugar. We took three bits and threw out the rest of the pan."