Mexican Spoon Bread Casserole Recipe
This casserole really hits the spot when it's cold outside. It's tasty and filling. It will warm you right up.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, corn, olives, chili powder, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornmeal, milk and salt; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and egg.
- 3. Spoon meat mixture into an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Pour topping over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 22-26 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 436 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 185 mg cholesterol, 1,418 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Spoon Bread Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC