Mexican Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
This thick chili-like sauce from Sandi Leonard of Peculiar, Missouri gives spaghetti a southwestern zip.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce (24 ounces)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen gold and white corn, thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the spaghetti sauce, beans, tomatoes, corn, salsa, chilies, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir in beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 10 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC