Mexican Skillet Supper Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8.6 ounces) beef taco pasta dinner mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3-2/3 cups hot water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. Set aside topping packet from the dinner mix for another use. Stir the contents of dinner mix seasoning packet, chili powder and water into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Stir in noodles from dinner mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- 3. Stir in the cheese, tomatoes and olives; heat through. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor's Note:This recipe was tested with Hamburger Helper dinner mix.
1-1/2 cups: 253 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.