- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8.6 ounces) beef taco pasta dinner mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3-2/3 cups hot water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Set aside topping packet from the dinner mix for another use. Stir the contents of dinner mix seasoning packet, chili powder and water into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Stir in noodles from dinner mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in the cheese, tomatoes and olives; heat through. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Skillet Supper in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p299
Reviews for Mexican Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >