- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked jasmine or long grain rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 jar (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir egg over medium-high heat until set. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, beans, Mexicorn, peppers, taco sauce and green onions; heat through. Stir in reserved egg. Sprinkle rice with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Skillet Rice
Sort By :
My whole family loved this dish. It's one of those dishes that is easily adaptable to what you have on hand. I didn't have mexicorn so used canned corn plus a little red bell pepper; was out of taco sauce so used picante sauce. I also used up some leftover Mexican style rice from a previous meal. All worked great. Looking forward to making it again with the provided ingredient list!
Quick, easy and delicious. I used canned chicken and ready rice (the 90sec microwave kind) and it was still amazing. Love the addition of cilantro. Will definitely make this again. Great potluck dish!
I made this for dinner tonight with a nice pan of cornbread. The men at the table asked for seconds. I will definitely make this dish again soon! I love the fact that everything in the dish is healthy; the only change I made was to use brown rice, and roasted my own peppers.
My family (including two picky young boys) love this recipe and I sneak in a few extra veggies!
I added a bit more taco seasoning to this recipe for added pazzaz. My Son says it is a make again!