- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked jasmine or long grain rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 jar (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir egg over medium-high heat until set. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, beans, Mexicorn, peppers, taco sauce and green onions; heat through. Stir in reserved egg. Sprinkle rice with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Skillet Rice
"We also have teen Hockey player eating machines...I made it on Monday and they asked me to make it again on Tuesday. It's a keeper. Didn't change a thing. Perfect as is."
"I used ground chicken instead of tenderloins and doubled the garlic. Next time I'd use more cilantro. Nothing special here, just a good one to file under Quick Cooking."
"Came out great however, I used ground turkey and using two cups of rice plus all the other is just to much (just the wife and I)But I did give it to our neighbor who has two teen age boy eating machines and it was a hit."
"This dish is right up my husbands alley. So I did a quick menu change when I came across it and surprised him. He really liked it."
"My whole family loved this dish. It's one of those dishes that is easily adaptable to what you have on hand. I didn't have mexicorn so used canned corn plus a little red bell pepper; was out of taco sauce so used picante sauce. I also used up some leftover Mexican style rice from a previous meal. All worked great. Looking forward to making it again with the provided ingredient list!"