Mexican Skillet Rice Recipe
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked jasmine or long grain rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 jar (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir egg over medium-high heat until set. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, beans, Mexicorn, peppers, taco sauce and green onions; heat through. Stir in reserved egg. Sprinkle rice with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 302 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 793 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Mexican Skillet Rice
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.