Yummy shrimp for a salad, but you could also serve it with tortillas or with Mexican rice. Jalapeno and chili powder lend just the right amount of heat and a wonderful aroma! —Marie Bason, Bend, Oregon
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers; discard onion mixture. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Divide lettuce among four plates; top with shrimp. Serve immediately with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Shrimp Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mexican Shrimp Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review