- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers; discard onion mixture. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Divide lettuce among four plates; top with shrimp. Serve immediately with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mexican Shrimp Salad
Sort By :
"Yummy!!!! The shrimp have lots of flavor. We had the shrimp on top of spinach, with tomatoes on top. Had some texas toast on the side. It was a great, healthy, filling meal!"
"The Salad did not have enough substance,so I added ranch style beans,black beans,celery tomatoes,vinigar and oil dressing."
"This shrimp was awesome. I did leave out the cilantro, we are not fans. I grilled it, served it with a side salad, some chopped spinach and sliced up red onion. I grilled up a tortilla wrap, broke up the wrap and ate the meal with my fingers. Delicious!"
"THIS IS A AWESOME RECIPE. BEST I EVER HAD.I USE THE SEASONING FOR MY SHRIMP ALL THE TIME I ALSO USE IT ON MY FISH."