Mexican Shrimp Dip Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed and well drained
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate; top with shrimp. Chill until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 10 servings.
1/4 cup (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 151 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.