- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed and well drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate; top with shrimp. Chill until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mexican Shrimp Dip
Sort By :
"Finally got to try this recipe. I added more avocadoes (4), had to use V8 because I didn't have tomato juice, omitted green pepper, used Pace picante sauce, Tapatio sauce, and bottled lemon juice. This recipe is forgiving, and all my picky eaters loved it and polished it all off during the football game yesterday !! This one was rated 5 plus stars, and that says alot !!! Thank you for the recipe !!"
"Haven't tried this recipe yet, but could the two previous reviewers print their whole recipe? I would like to try both ways and choose. Do you leave the basic recipe the same and add tapatio sauce or omit the salsa and ketcup altogether ? Thanks for writing back if you do !"
"Needed lemon and cucumber. I didn't care for the green pepper. I should have added Tapatio instead of the salsa or picante as recipe suggested."
"We also add Tapatio Sauce (found in most Mexican sections of grocery stores) and a cucumber and the juice of a whole lemon and less salsa and more made from scratch salsa...."
"cAN'T WAIT TI TRY THIS, LOOKS GOOD!!"