Our family tried a shrimp cocktail at a Mexican restaurant and we liked it so much that I duplicated it at home. I now make this dip at least once a month. —Romona Rutherford, Tahlequah, Oklahoma
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed and well drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate; top with shrimp. Chill until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Shrimp Dip in Country Extra January 2010, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Shrimp Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review