- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (12-1/2 ounces) mandarin natural flavor soda
- 1-1/2 cups Clamato juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (100-150 per pound)
- 2 avocados, finely chopped
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in soda, Clamato juice, lime juice and ketchup. Add shrimp. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add avocados. Serve with a slotted spoon and tortilla chips. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Mexican Shrimp Cocktail in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p7
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review