Mexican Shrimp Bisque Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro and sliced avocado, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Stir in the water, cream, bouillon and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut shrimp into bite-size pieces if desired; add shrimp to soup. Simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Place sour cream in a small bowl; gradually stir in 1/2 cup hot soup. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Heat through (do not boil). Top with cilantro and avocado if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Shrimp Bisque(25)
Sort By :
Very easy, excellent taste. I make the recipe as written and not make any adjustments.
Very tasty & easy
So deliciously flavorful. Double the recipe, trust me, you'll want leftovers.
Fantastic!!! Made the other night and was very pleased and so was the family. Served over a bed of rice though, bulked up the meal a bit. Will be making again for sure.
Made this last night and I LOVED it. I'm a total shrimp lover and this was a delight. I used regular whipping cream and precooked shrimp (added shrimp after mixing soup with sour cream mixture) and it turned out great. I also used a suggestion I read on this page and used guacamole instead of avocado and I'm glad I did. Every flavor complemented the other. Will definately make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Bisque Soup Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Soup >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >