- 30 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheets; bake until lightly toasted, 6-8 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; pour off drippings.
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper; stir in green onions. In same pan, cook and stir egg mixture just until thickened and no liquid egg remains; stir in sausage.
- Spoon salsa over toasts. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mexican Sausage Crostini in Jimmy Dean® 2010
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Sausage Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2014
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2010
"My husband really liked this. It kind of reminded me of a breakfast burrito."