Mexican Salsa Dip
For a cool, creamy snack with a bit of a kick, try this recipe. It goes fast at weddings, card parties or any gathering. You'll be amazed that this flavorful dip has only three ingredients!Carol Battle, Heathsville, Virginia
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 5 min.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Cover and chill for at least
- 2 hours.
- Cut each pita into six wedges; separate each wedge into two pieces.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 275° for 5-10
- minutes or until crisp. Serve with the dip. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (2 tablespoons of dip and 2 pieces of pita bread) equals 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch; also, 52 calories, 175 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, trace fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.