My husband is the No. 1 fan of this south-of-the-border potato salad. The leftovers make an awesome late-night snack, straight from the fridge. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes, beans, chilies and cilantro. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle pepper, cumin, garlic powder and remaining salt. Pour dressing over potato mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Roasted Potato Salad in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014
Reviews for Mexican Roasted Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review