- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes, beans, chilies and cilantro. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle pepper, cumin, garlic powder and remaining salt. Pour dressing over potato mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Roasted Potato Salad
"Very good. Easy to assemble. Didn't use all the dressing. Nice alternative to rice and beans for a Mexican themed meal."
"I made this for dinner last Sunday. I made it according to directions and enjoyed every bite as did my unexpected company. Only thing is, I only used about 2/3 of the dressing , which was plenty. Delicious..."