Mexican Rice with Chicken Recipe
- 1 package (6.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, cook and stir rice and pasta mix in butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add chicken and jalapeno. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 385 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 1,217 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Rice with Chicken
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.