Mexican Rice with Chicken Recipe
- 1 package (6.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook and stir rice and pasta mix in butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and jalapeno. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Rice with Chicken(3)
Sort By :
This was a quick and easy meal... The package of rice mix that I used was a little bigger than the size called for here, so I had to adjust the water accordingly (I needed 2 1/2 cups of water but I figured that would be too much liquid along with the juice from the tomatoes so I ended up draining the juice from the tomatoes which measured out to about a half cup, then I added two cups of water). Also sprinkled on some sharp cheddar at the end and let it sit off the heat to melt a bit - Mexican food and cheese go hand in hand if you ask me. Anyway, it was a great dish and went over very well in my family:)
If you add cooked rice, black beans, sour cream, and picante, it makes a good burrito.
i've made this recipes lots of times. it's easy and quick. perfect with a salad and bread. :)