Mexican Rice with Chicken Recipe
- 1 package (6.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook and stir rice and pasta mix in butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and jalapeno. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Rice with Chicken
Sort By :
Sounds good. But I can't find one that has Mexican rice and pasta in it like abusymom says. What is it called?
This recipe was surprisingly good for how easy it was to make; however, I think it was lacking something. I think some green peppers would be a nice addition. This would also be good inside a flour tortilla.
I have always used the rice-a-roni boxes for a quick dinner. All the comments on the salt and make your own mixes have missed the point. The point is quick and good. After all the years we sed them we are till healthy, not overweight, and the blood pressure is fine.
I don't consider a dish made from a commercial mix a recipe. Never as healthy as made from scratch, and Mexican rice from scratch is simple to make. but I do like another reviewers hint to use the leftovers in a taco shell with taco trimmings.
mindysmama: Rice-a-Roni makes both a Mexican style and Spanish style rice/pasta mix. Here is a link to the company information: http://www.ricearoni.com/Products/Rice-A-Roni/Classic_Favorites/Mexican_Style Hope this helps! I've used it for years and it's really good, as is this recipe!