This skillet supper comes together with leftover cooked chicken and a packaged mix. After I prepared this rice, I served the extras on tortillas with cheese and sour cream the next day. Both meals were a hit. —Debra Rzodkiewicz, Erie, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (6.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook and stir rice and pasta mix in butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and jalapeno. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Rice with Chicken in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Rice with Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review