- 1 package (6.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook and stir rice and pasta mix in butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and jalapeno. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Rice with Chicken
Sort By :
"Another recipe advertised as "5-ingredients" in a line-up with chicken recipes like that, and there are 6! Can no one count anymore when they list these things?! I'm sure it's good which is why the 5-star rating, but I am confused with the advertising of 5!"
"I didn't have any chicken in the house when I made this, but I did have a can of sliced mushrooms and some black olives. I added those instead of chicken and was very happy with the results. A nice filling skillet dinner.By the way, the rice and pasta mix is a Rice-a-roni product."
"Sounds good. But I can't find one that has Mexican rice and pasta in it like abusymom says. What is it called?"
"This recipe was surprisingly good for how easy it was to make; however, I think it was lacking something. I think some green peppers would be a nice addition. This would also be good inside a flour tortilla."
"I have always used the rice-a-roni boxes for a quick dinner. All the comments on the salt and make your own mixes have missed the point. The point is quick and good. After all the years we sed them we are till healthy, not overweight, and the blood pressure is fine."