- 1 package (6.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook and stir rice and pasta mix in butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and jalapeno. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Rice with Chicken
""Soo yummieeei recently found one of best recipe site for all type of chicken recipeshttp://www.reciflix.com/#/category/nonveg/subcats""
"Another recipe advertised as "5-ingredients" in a line-up with chicken recipes like that, and there are 6! Can no one count anymore when they list these things?! I'm sure it's good which is why the 5-star rating, but I am confused with the advertising of 5!"
"I didn't have any chicken in the house when I made this, but I did have a can of sliced mushrooms and some black olives. I added those instead of chicken and was very happy with the results. A nice filling skillet dinner.By the way, the rice and pasta mix is a Rice-a-roni product."
"Sounds good. But I can't find one that has Mexican rice and pasta in it like abusymom says. What is it called?"
"This recipe was surprisingly good for how easy it was to make; however, I think it was lacking something. I think some green peppers would be a nice addition. This would also be good inside a flour tortilla."