Mexican Potatoes Recipe
- 8 medium red potatoes
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno pepper slices, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 6 to 8 green onions, chopped
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- 2. Cut potatoes into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Place in a single layer in three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Top each with salad dressing mix, a jalapeno slice, cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
2 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Mexican Potatoes
"Do you just prepare ranch dressing as per package directions or just sprinkle the powder on the potato?"
"these are ALWAYS a hit at parties I take them to!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.