Cheese, jalapeno pepper, sour cream and green onions top these pretty potato slices, seasoned with dry ranch dressing mix. "I love to serve them to guests, and they love to eat them," notes Tony Horton of Van Buren, Arkansas. "You can use them as an appetizer or even as a side dish."
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 8 medium red potatoes
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno pepper slices, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 6 to 8 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain; cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Place in a single layer in
- three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Top each with
- salad dressing mix, a jalapeno slice, cheddar cheese and Monterey
- Jack cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Top with sour cream and green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now